Dynamics/Cloners/attractors?

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
kerress

Dynamics/Cloners/attractors?

Post by kerress »

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to drop a load of tennis balls that bounce and then bounce back forming a logo.

I have a cloner with the object set to the shape of the logo and the texture of the logo on a camera map. The Dynamics will bounce the balls but I can't figure out how to get them to bounce back into the shape of the logo (logo is a bit of an egg shape. I've tried an attractor but it doesn't give me what I want exactly with the balls forming in a nice shape to still make out the logo (how it looks like within the cloner before any dynamics happen)

I originally also had an emitter spitting out the balls within a static mesh of the logo but they wanted the balls to bounce first and then form the logo.

Any idea's how I can get this look, would be much appreciated. Thanks!
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Dynamics/Cloners/attractors?

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Hi kerress

Forget the dynamics to do this jobs, they are not made for this purpose and you can't control them like you want.....you probably waste a lot of time and the final result will be always very poor.

you can try with thinking particle or with an advance particle system like x-particle if you have it

or you can combine multiple tecniques in the same scene.

example:
you start with dynamics after they bounce before converging in to the logo you can cut the scene, current state to object of each balls and then move them manually to compose the logo.
  • Advertising