Problem with Animation

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
vlad_c

Problem with Animation

Post by vlad_c »

Hy Guys,

New beginer in animation here. I am using C4D R15.

I have a character I want to rig. I created my own Joints and Controls for this rig and I have Binded them to the mesh..The legs are created with IK.

If I just move the leg forward the geometry follows as it should. But when I keyframe the position and then move it strange deformations to geometry take place. Now this is very strange for me since I cannot figure out what is going on.. and why ..

So the this is the 1st pose of the leg...

This is how it looks like when I simply move the leg forward..

And this is how it looks like when I record a key at the 1st pose 1st frame, go to other frame and move the leg forward..

Can you please tell me how to deal with this?

Thank you,
Vlad C>
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Problem with Animation

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Hi
it's probably fault of the vertex weight.

If you just bind the mesh with the joints, cinema 4d weigh the vertices automatically but 99% the animation result is not good and you have to correct manually the weight with the weight tool.

this is an example but if you search with youtube or google you will find a lot of tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUeY1HMXvFM
vlad_c

Re: Problem with Animation

Post by vlad_c »

Hey,

The problem was I needed to check "Maintain Original" Opiton under Parent on a Constraint applied to a joint..

Thank you for the video tutorial :)
  • Advertising