PowerCloner - Prevent Clones Overlap

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
digitecture

PowerCloner - Prevent Clones Overlap

Post by digitecture »

PowerCloner provides different concept to controlling clones. Is there way to have clones pack but respect their boundaries with respect to other clones to prevent overlap?

Thanks
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: PowerCloner - Prevent Clones Overlap

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Hi
sorry but I don't understand your request, can you explain it better?
Post a screen shot or something else that can help me to understand your needs
digitecture

Post by digitecture »

cappellaiomatto wrote:Hi
sorry but I don't understand your request, can you explain it better?
Post a screen shot or something else that can help me to understand your needs
Hi, I would like to request two things:
Push clones together as tightly as possible without overlap irregardless of rays destination object shape (flat, curved, etc).

Possibility to produce ray subdivision to place smaller copies of clones to fill in areas between larger clones.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

OK
thanks for explanation.

I'm sorry but I cannot help you integrating your requests within the plugin due to the complexity of the shape margin calculation that need to be performed in realtime many times for second..... pfiu

But

You can do what you need using a polygon projector and aligning each face normal to the zone where you want to cast a ray like in the example

The polygon can have disconnected faces and can project exactly what you want, of course you need to edit the polygon faces direction by hand

My advice is to use a standard ray projector to fill the surface as much better you can do and than fill the empty space with a custom polygon projector

Hope this help

Feel free to write me if you need assistance

:)
Attachments
1.jpg
digitecture

Post by digitecture »

Thank you, I appreciate your explanation for work around. I tried to use dynamics with the plugin to push apart clones that overlapped each when too close to each other but this did not work so well. I think I used an exact copy of the object as a custom polygon projector and this worked in an interesting manner. If you have more ideas on exploring 'packing' clones or ray subdivision testing, then consider my participation in this effort. Is it possible to allow for a python code projector or something else as a custom scripting component to generate proxy polygon subdivision?

Thank you,
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

digitecture wrote:Is it possible to allow for a python code projector or something else as a custom scripting component to generate proxy polygon subdivision?
Help me to understand this request now, what do you mean with proxy polygon subdivision?
  • Advertising