Animating objects using script C.O.F.F.E.E.

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
Elmehdi.abf

Animating objects using script C.O.F.F.E.E.

Post by Elmehdi.abf »

Hi everyone,
I am working on a project in cinema 4D, my problem is :
I want to animate an object by giving a value for one of its coordinations (coordination X for exemple) in a script and when i hit play the object schould be moving from its position to the following Value entred in the script .. i made an exemple and the problem was when i entred the value for X the object moves instantly to that value without animation .. any idea how to make it out ?
visualtricks
Moderatore

Re: Animating objects using script C.O.F.F.E.E.

Post by visualtricks »

Hi, that's not as simple as it may seems...you can't just tell an object to be here at frame 0 and there at frame 50 and have it to actually move between the two places. You have to instruct the object to increment its position over time, otherwise it can only "jump" to the new position. If you have the starting/ending position and the duration of movement, you should be able to figure out the increment that needs to be done every frame.
Can I ask you what you need this for, or more details on whats the goal?
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
Elmehdi.abf

Re: Animating objects using script C.O.F.F.E.E.

Post by Elmehdi.abf »

Hi, thank you for being intrested in my question..
The way you get it is exactly what i want for my project .. the project is about a CNC MILLING machine assembled in cinema 4D, the purpose for the project is that I want to give a value for the head of the tool that the machine use so the Tool should be moving from one point to another incrementing the position to creat a sort of an animation .
  • Advertising