Vertex MapLife Direction Settings

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
cwIce00

Vertex MapLife Direction Settings

Post by cwIce00 »

I can't find any support information that explains what A,B,C and D direction settings do with the Vertex MapLife tag. What is meant by "Loop Direction"?

Thank you. I am enjoying your products and will likely buy more.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Vertex MapLife Direction Settings

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Hi
welcome to our comunity and thanks for choosing our plugins

Each polygon has got 4 vertices a,b,c,d

the loop direction means the direction that vertexmap follows during the expansion

In the attachment a picture that explain this behaviour

Remember that the expansion of course depends on your polygon topology

Feel free to write me if you need more information or help

Best regards

Matteo
Attachments
1.jpg
cwIce00

Post by cwIce00 »

Thank you for your timely and helpful assistance. I understand but need to understand more deeply in real world practice. I am trying to create a more precise crease line that moves in linear fashion. I've been using the Vertex map animator and it is close to what I want...but not quite perfect. I'm hopeful that by using a specific direction I can achieve the desired look.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Remember that in VertexMapLife there is a random component that simulate the growing so it could be not so easy to grow following a very precise path.
Also may be could not so easy to draw the topology in cinema 4d because you don't have any visual helper to understand the index of vertex.

If you need something more specific you can use the other tag vertex map animator tag.

split your path in many vertex map sequences and apply a vertex map animator tag.

Animating the interpolation property of the tag you can obtain probably what you are looking for, more vertex map you use more realistic your result will be

Note:
put the vertexmap in the correct order

In the attachment you will find an example

hope this help

Matteo
Attachments
vmapexample.zip
(91.16 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
  • Advertising