gun strap

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
vector

gun strap

Post by vector »

hey guys basically id like a bit of advice on how to do this, so im making a strap for my current cannon project and was wondering what the best way to go about it i.e ik chain ect, i want to connect both clips to either end of the gun and have the strap hang down in a natural way and have it move injunction with the clips if their position is moved, i hope i managed to explain what it is im after :)
Attachments
clip 2.jpg
clip.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: gun strap

Post by masterzone »

Maybe the joints chain is the best way to get a good results,my only concern is the metal clip where the leather strap is linked...this is not a organic movement as strap but is a hard movement linked to the triangle structure on the gun...
I think the best way is re-build the link between strap and triangle structure because they will make you crazy...
Why you don't link the strap to the triangle directly? without clip? in this way you can use only the IK chain on the strap fixed on the triangle structure...
vector

Post by vector »

masterzone wrote:Maybe the joints chain is the best way to get a good results,my only concern is the metal clip where the leather strap is linked...this is not a organic movement as strap but is a hard movement linked to the triangle structure on the gun...
I think the best way is re-build the link between strap and triangle structure because they will make you crazy...
Why you don't link the strap to the triangle directly? without clip? in this way you can use only the IK chain on the strap fixed on the triangle structure...
I managed to get around it by using a dynamic spline between the 2 clips then using a sweep nurbs and a rectangle shape to get the strap it's self and the strap hangs nicely the only problem now being that the hair colider tag I've used on the gun kills the frame rate wen you press play and the strap falls in to place is there a better way around this ?
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

oh, unfortunately this kind of problem became heavy when you are using any kind of dynamics. Consider to make a copy of your object, low poly version, hide it and use as "dynamics collider" so you can calculate with a light object instead the final gun...

ale
  • Advertising