• Facebook Twitter Google+ Youtube Vimeo
  • Italiano English
  • [-] Make text more little [+] Make text more bigger
  • Feed RSS 2.0 Feed ATOM 1.0

»

Bend Question

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: natas, Arkimed, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising

Bend Question

Postby daviddm » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 pm

I am a complete Noob so my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I search but could not find an answer.

I am trying to build a film strip that will circle around a sphere, like rings around a planet. I have built the film strip and now am trying to bend it into a circle. I am using the Bend object to do this and it bends but unfortunately, it adds a cap on the top and bottom. I have attached some screen grabs to show what I am talking about. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimately I hope to map video to each of the frames in the film strip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daviddm

Re: Bend Question

Postby daviddm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:39 am

I was able to find out what I was doing wrong. Just wanted to share the solution for any other Nobs like me that have a similar issue.

The point distribution in my splines was not good enough. I selected my underlining spline and changed Intermediate Points from to adaptive to subdivided so it has enough segments to bend with the deformer.

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daviddm

Re: Bend Question

Postby masterzone » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:58 am

:):):):)
Portale di Riferimento di Cinema4D in Italia dal 1999

You Tube Channel Corsi di Formazione
masterzone
Site Admin

• Advertising

Return to C4D - General usage