Scaling issues R10.1 -> R13

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
choppir

Scaling issues R10.1 -> R13

Messaggio da choppir »

I'm switching to R13, but it's quite a strange process scale-wise.

I always work in mm because that's the easiest way for me, but now in R13 things just does not work like it used to. I have to scale all the models down 10x.....I don't want to. :@ Just want to keep on working like before.

I do all my basic modelling in Sketch-up & import it.
Not sure how to keep it in mm but get it exactly the same scale as before....

Can anyone help please?
So all I want to do is keep working in mm & when i import my models, it must be the exact size as before. :)

cheers
Choppir
visualtricks
Moderatore

Re: Scaling issues R10.1 -> R13

Messaggio da visualtricks »

Hi Choppir,

since R12 maxon introduced "real" measure units, meaning that - unlike before - if you model something using cm and then switch the project scale to mm, the object scale is going to be adjusted too. In previous version the measure units were quite sensless, there were no differences if your model was 30 or 300 units nor the scale was set to meters or kilometers.
With that been said, you can choose the project scale from project settings (cmd-d or ctrl-d) and even directly scale the model from there OR you can set the default units from the preferences and set it to mm, and work with that from now on.
Immagine
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
choppir

Messaggio da choppir »

Thanks for that
It's just so confusing because there are so many settings for scale now in the new R13....

If i insert a 2m x 2m block into my scene it's very tiny....It's suppose to fill a room if it's 2m high!
thing is when i've rendered VRaygrass before the scene was way too big & it crashed cinema....
visualtricks
Moderatore

Messaggio da visualtricks »

settings for scale are really only those two, just be aware of that if you need/want to change measuring units of the project ore scale it. Refer to the manual for more precise instructions.
Apart from that, if you use Vray, your project units HAVE to be set to cm, that's due to internal calculations of vray.

What units are your using in your project settings ?
Immagine
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
choppir

Messaggio da choppir »

Ok....Yes I use VRay. Did not know it should be in cm....?Ok.....
Currently my project scale is to cm.....
  • Advertising
Rispondi