swarm effect for cars animation

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
killerlola

swarm effect for cars animation

Messaggio da killerlola »

Hi everyone,

Anyone could help me out please!! I'm trying to do an animation with a lot of cars driving in it for example in one scene there will be a big word on the floor like "Cool" and the camera is on the top view what we see is the cars (hundred of them) driving randomly from many direction to fill out the word "Cool", it could be lots of them like over hundred cars.
I don't know how to begin or which technic I should use because the car will be animated with plug-in like Drive or something simular and I have to make many instanz objects from them?? but the problem is that it's gonna be too much polygon in the scene.
The big question is how could I make 100 hi-poly cars driving randomly to fill out the word on the floor?
Mograph? or do i have to go deep down to Expresso? ://

here is something simular (from 2.10) but it's goona be many more cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEmYbjFN ... re=related

thanks in advance
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: swarm effect for cars animation

Messaggio da masterzone »

Mmmmm your project is very hard to do, I try to thinking about a speedy solution but this kind of animation need a lot of work.
The car must be high poly if you have it near te camera but for the others car you need a low poly version.

I think using the plugin to drive the car automatically drive you crazy.

Mograph can do it but I don't know if is useful for this because all cars must be parked perfectly into the logo and you need a collision detection.

I think you need a mix of mograph (maybe) and xpresso for the collision detection :(
  • Advertising
Rispondi