C4D Saved Materials Textures Over My Psd Files ! Heeeelp !

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
madarhino

C4D Saved Materials Textures Over My Psd Files ! Heeeelp !

Messaggio da madarhino »

Ok, I'm about to kill myself. Here is what happened.

I had a city scene, with buildings, etc, all nicely texturized. Went into UV edit mode, tried unwrapping some of the pavement then changed my mind, so I just went back and all the textures of the other buildings where now horribly wrong, but I didn't notice. There were also some new materials I didn't create, so I deleted them. When I was quitting c4d I was asked if I wanted to save the project materials and I said yes. I usually don't copy the textures into its file path, just keep all my psd files in a separate folder.. too bad c4d saved over them and they're now like 10x10 pixels.
I have no photoshop temp files and, of course, no access to history since it wasn't even open when it happened; I'm running file recovery now but doubt it will help.

What the hell. One would assume c4d wouldn't save .psd files.. this guy just wants to do it all by itself. I'm very, very frustrated. Have I really lost all my textures ?

Also, I'm wondering why sometimes c4d just switches to new projects on its own, like my original project is building.c4d, I keep doing my stuff and suddenly realize I'm actually working on building2.c4d . After a while, it's building3.c4d . Why ?????

*bangs head against wall*
occultcg

Re: C4D Saved Materials Textures Over My Psd Files ! Heeeelp

Messaggio da occultcg »

Hello,

I can`t answer to all questions but to this one:

"Also, I'm wondering why sometimes c4d just switches to new projects on its own, like my original project is building.c4d, I keep doing my stuff and suddenly realize I'm actually working on building2.c4d . After a while, it's building3.c4d . Why ?????"

Well, you have the auto save function activated so after a while it will save the project incremental meaning it will save it to a new file not overwriting which is a good thing.

Also i don`t think Cinema 4D is saving over .psd files which are Photoshop`s, maybe you have them somewhere else or so.

Good luck !
  • Advertising
Rispondi