Need help, tutorial plz :)

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
raxavier

Need help, tutorial plz :)

Messaggio da raxavier »

Hey guys, so im an uber noobster to c4d. I want to make a mockup of a paper, standard, packaging box.
But i feel that im getting nowhere fast please help :)

So im trying to make a box, but i dont want a simple rectangle with width. I want the folded in parts to curve a bit, and the thickness to be a bit white due to general stock. Im trying this with curves then changing the length but its killing meeeee. doesnt look continuous, edges are too fine and its taking forever!

Any ideas or better yeta tutorial i can learn from ^^ thanks again!
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Need help, tutorial plz :)

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hi rax, welcome here...could you post image of what you want build? :)

Usually when I create a box for packaging o something similar , I use a Cinema4D standard cube, with 3x3x3 subdivisions, I convert it into editable object and I put it into a subdivision surface (Hypernurbs). I can control bending by move some center poly outside and holes by deleting some poly a the top of the packaging for disconnecting the opening cap.
The thickness can be made by extruding all polygons with CREATE CAP active into the extrude tool on attributes manager.
Attached here an example of packaging :)
Allegati
box.c4d.zip
(40.04 KiB) Scaricato 118 volte
raxavier

Messaggio da raxavier »

masterzone ha scritto:Hi rax, welcome here...could you post image of what you want build? :)

Usually when I create a box for packaging o something similar , I use a Cinema4D standard cube, with 3x3x3 subdivisions, I convert it into editable object and I put it into a subdivision surface (Hypernurbs). I can control bending by move some center poly outside and holes by deleting some poly a the top of the packaging for disconnecting the opening cap.
The thickness can be made by extruding all polygons with CREATE CAP active into the extrude tool on attributes manager.
Attached here an example of packaging :)
THANKS for the basic walk through! but i want something more realistic, if possible. And the file is great, any chance of a tutorial video or image with file to see groups?

Attached are images of the box, im going to make something more rectangular but it doesnt matter since i really want to learn how its done. THANKS again for your time!
Allegati
ju8y2b.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

mmm...in your image there are many overlapping planes...you need to model it by bend polygon selections (by moving the axis in the right place of the poly selection) and create the right overlapping areas...
I don't know if there is a tutorial for it :)

ps: please use the attachment forum system (JPG or Zip) instead to link externally..I've upload it into the message :)
masterzone
Site Admin

raxavier

Messaggio da raxavier »

masterzone ha scritto:mmm...in your image there are many overlapping planes...you need to model it by bend polygon selections (by moving the axis in the right place of the poly selection) and create the right overlapping areas...
I don't know if there is a tutorial for it :)

ps: please use the attachment forum system (JPG or Zip) instead to link externally..I've upload it into the message :)
TYVM and sorry will do from now on. The plugin looks sick! will look into it once i decide if im sticking with this program, very newb here atm.

Any good tutorials you can recommend and maybe something for sick text/typography effects so i can stick into ps flyers/poster? thanks again!!! (also lightening tutorials with out studio so its transparent in the end :) )
  • Advertising
Rispondi