Shader Effector shader shows clones where they should not be

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
mcindy

Shader Effector shader shows clones where they should not be

Messaggio da mcindy »

Hi forum,

I have the following problem:

For a customer I need to produce a flat world map, made out of small cubes which form the continents. These cubes should than fly in and form the world map. My solution was to generate a mograph grid out of 150x120 cube clones and than use a shader effector with a black and white map of the world. This worked great but the problem is, that the black (or white when inverted) parts of the map (the oceans) also produce cubes. They are very small, but they are there. Is there a trick to have those cubes only in the white parts of the map?

I already tried to make the original cube very small (1x1) and than scale them up in the shader effector. But still the 1x1 cubes are visible in the ocean areas.

Any ideas?
Allegati
World_Map_cubes0075.jpg
visualtricks
Moderatore

Re: Shader Effector shader shows clones where they should no

Messaggio da visualtricks »

Hi, It's a little hard to tell without seeing your setup, but in general it should work if you enable the Visibility option in the effector (do not use any trasformation):
Schermata 2014-11-02 alle 12.55.39.jpg
Ps.: Please use the attachment form to attach file and images (see the button "Invia Allegato" below the text field), I'll fix it for you this time.
Immagine
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
mcindy

Re: Shader Effector shader shows clones where they should no

Messaggio da mcindy »

visualtricks ha scritto:Hi, It's a little hard to tell without seeing your setup, but in general it should work if you enable the Visibility option in the effector (do not use any trasformation):
Schermata 2014-11-02 alle 12.55.39.jpg
Ps.: Please use the attachment form to attach file and images (see the button "Invia Allegato" below the text field), I'll fix it for you this time.
Thanks man, that little thing does the job, just check "visibility" and everything works fine. Thanks again for the fast and kind reply.
  • Advertising
Rispondi