Easy Ivy 1.0

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
Roland

Easy Ivy 1.0

Messaggio da Roland »

Hi,

is there a demo 'Easy Ivy 1.0' for the plugin maybe?
I would like to know the leaves and branches through walls grow or high only to them, without to penetrate, as it makes the free IvyGrower...
It is so incredibly annoying, if you covered a House with Ivy leaves and IN the House is half of it. :(
Hat der 'Easy Ivy 1.0' Renderinstanzen?) GrassPainter 2 asked me practically useless my machine, despite 32 Giga RAM...

Gruß Roland
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Easy Ivy 1.0

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

Roland ha scritto:Hi,

is there a demo 'Easy Ivy 1.0' for the plugin maybe?
Hi Roland

sorry but no demo is available for our plugins

Roland ha scritto: I would like to know the leaves and branches through walls grow or high only to them, without to penetrate, as it makes the free IvyGrower...
It is so incredibly annoying, if you covered a House with Ivy leaves and IN the House is half of it. :(
No easy ivy does not penetrate the leaves into the polygon house, you can control many parameters for the leaves distribution and also if you want a beautiful effects you can use a simple smooth surface where place the leaves. It depends on your camera angle.

Of course inside the easy ivy manual all tricks are explained and you can understand how to take the best from the plugin.
Also if you need assistance feel free to write me on the forum like you do now or send me an email.

Roland ha scritto: Hat der 'Easy Ivy 1.0' Renderinstanzen?) GrassPainter 2 asked me practically useless my machine, despite 32 Giga RAM...
Gruß Roland
Sorry Roland but I don't understand what you wrote, please speak in english we don't speak german
Allegati
ivy3.jpg
ivy2.jpg
ivy2.jpg (237.54 KiB) Visto 2415 volte
ivy1.jpg
Roland

Messaggio da Roland »

Thx für Answer....

My 2. Question is:

The 'easy Ivy 1.0' has Render Instances?
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hello I'm Alex.

EasyIvy doesn't generate instances but poly faces and with alpha channel texture you can make leaf with a very light objects.
With leaves inside the directory of the plugin archive give you the possibility to make all kind of leaves and the poly face generated by EasyIvy has the uvw relaxed so you can use whole kind of self made leaf by making a square leaf with alpha channe mat.
:)
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

No easy ivy produces a polygon object based on leaf object

Example:

If leaf is a polygon with 10 faces and easy ivy generates 100 leaves the final object will be a polygon with 1000 faces

The uv map of final object is aligned like the leaf object, it's like put all leaves each on top of the other
Roland

Messaggio da Roland »

This means then, use sparingly, otherwise C4D is unbearably slow, what happened to me with the Grass Painter 2nd 32 GB of RAM are nothing: (

Can you perhaps render the grass Painter create instances? Otherwise you can use for very small lawns only.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Roland ha scritto:This means then, use sparingly, otherwise C4D is unbearably slow, what happened to me with the Grass Painter 2nd 32 GB of RAM are nothing: (
As masterzone told you we use alpha leaves that are very light weight

Remember that cinema handles better a polygon with 10000000 faces than 1000000 polygon with 1 faces o 10000000 instances

Roland ha scritto: Can you perhaps render the grass Painter create instances? Otherwise you can use for very small lawns only.
It depends on grass complexity, grasspainter create a grass mantle with blades on each square centimeter more or less.
If you have got a square 1 meter x 1 meter you obtain 100x100 blades

If you need to make a very big grass mantle you can make square 1x1 or 2x2 and than clone it with mograph or instance...it's a good way to optimize scene
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

if you watch the video of the grasspainter2 workflow, I fill 7m x 10 m with two or three layer on a notebook with 4 GB of ram and a i5 processor.
What kind of surface did you filled with grass painter? how much big is it? :)
Roland

Messaggio da Roland »

masterzone ha scritto:if you watch the video of the grasspainter2 workflow, I fill 7m x 10 m with two or three layer on a notebook with 4 GB of ram and a i5 processor.
What kind of surface did you filled with grass painter? how much big is it? :)
Can you give me the Link to the Video?

I just looked the video, which is below the plugin in to see how it works.

My Grass area is 45 m x 60 m. :)

I tried it with the Cloner, but it still tore the performence in the basement ...

Grass could this topic be moved please? I will buy the Ivy Creator and here it is done.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Roland ha scritto:
My Grass area is 45 m x 60 m. :)

your grass area is big so here some advices to optimize scene and avoid system collapse

editor mode:

1)use only low poly grass blades
2) do not use flowers, make a custom low poly flowers with an alpha plane
3) put a tag display on the grass object and set visibility properties to low detail, it avoids editor speed down
4) try to make a grass square 10x10 or 7x7 or 5x5 meters and clone it

rendering:
use tag compositing on the grass object and try disable gradually the GI option
gi that bounces on a complex polygon like the grass object may be extremely heavy for CPU and Memory

make some try and let me know
Allegati
2.jpg
2.jpg (24.83 KiB) Visto 2395 volte
1.jpg
1.jpg (44.77 KiB) Visto 2395 volte
  • Advertising
Rispondi