Transparent rendering?

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
raxavier

Transparent rendering?

Messaggio da raxavier »

Hey i would like to render out an object, like text, with shadow and the light coming from refleactions from the floor and other things but without seening them in completed render. I tried just to have alpha and then remove it in photoshop but it doesnt always turn out good. A link to video tutorial would rock! thank in advance
Ziji Man

Re: Transparent rendering?

Messaggio da Ziji Man »

Your post is kind of old already. Not a lot of activity here. Threads with 30 views and no responses. 8-)

Anyways, in case your still there, I would go to Render > Make Preview

You can click the "Manual" button if you want to just preview 10 frames out of 100, or even 90 out of 100, or whichever frames you choose.

By default, the preview will render at like 300x52 or something small like that. You can choose the size of your preview also if that's too small for you.

I find this works good to check out camera movement and lighting, and to preview dynamics of fire or particles, just to make sure it's working right.

Hope that helps.
raxavier

Messaggio da raxavier »

thanks but i need it more for rendering out things to PS. I know i can disable it in rendering but i loose a lot of the cool reflections :(
Rikof

Messaggio da Rikof »

Not sure if this is what you need but go to:

- Render Settings
- Turn on Multi-Pass
- Right mouse-click on Multi-Pass to access the menu
- Add Reflections, choose on the right Separate Materials: All, Separate Layers: All, Mode: 3 channels
- Render out with alpha channel.
render_settings.jpg
render_settings.jpg (32.11 KiB) Visto 1275 volte
  • Advertising
Rispondi