making a curtain

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
Mrcinema

making a curtain

Messaggio da Mrcinema »

Hi I'm Anthony, my first post here, greating for your community!
I've a question about how to make a curtain into Vray rendering engine.
I did it with 2sided material but I've a question about the real transparency of the material. Do you think that I've to make a little bit transparency or not? I mean about the dropped material into 2sided editor. or the 2sided make a something of transparency?

Thanks
visualtricks
Moderatore

Re: making a curtain

Messaggio da visualtricks »

Hi and welcome aboard!
regarding your question, it depends on the type of fabric you want your curtains to be made of: heavy and thick fabric should have no transparency at all, while light and thin fabrics will have some transparency. In the first case the 2SideMat will give your material the needed translucency and the effect will be more visible, in the second case the translucency will be more subtle, but yes, you can use transparency on your base materials (when i say transparency i mean alpha [weight] or transparency of the diffuse layer, not the refraction channel)
Allegati
Schermata 2010-01-16 a 12.46.19.jpg
2sideCurtains.zip
(1.46 MiB) Scaricato 206 volte
Immagine
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
Mrcinema

Re: making a curtain

Messaggio da Mrcinema »

Hi visualtricks many thanks for great tutorial!! When I'll on my desk with my mac pro I'll try Asap.

An
  • Advertising
Rispondi