How use vray materials and HDRI

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
castrogfx

How use vray materials and HDRI

Messaggio da castrogfx »

Hi, I'm beginner and I've a doubt. How I can use this materials (http://www.c4dzone.com/en/download/vray-materials-7/) im my C4D (with vray, sure). I download this material (Glass Brick) but I can't used. When I open it various materials open, and I no have idea what i have to do.

Immagine

---

And how I use HDRI in VrayforC4D?

Thanks for the help!
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: How use vray materials and HDRI

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hello and welcome into c4dzone site.
Did you tried to open the c4d file instead to open it via open materials via materials manager? Or did you opened it already by it? Usually the file contains an object

:)
castrogfx

Messaggio da castrogfx »

Oh, I've never just open in Cinema 4D. Thanks for the help!

And how use HDRI with VrayforC4D? I tried area light with dome and other things, but I never can use it. Can anyone help me? Thanks again! This is a great community.
masterzone
Site Admin

:) no problem, if you want to use HDRI as illumination technique you can put the image into ENVIROMENT TAB into the vray render settings. If you want to use it as irradiance you must assign it into the GI OVVERRIDE Area :)
castrogfx

Messaggio da castrogfx »

Hi, I tried to use hdri in enviroment tab, but I no have any difference in my render (or the difference is soooooo small). I just need to put hdri in enviroment tab (with a reflective material) and the magic occurs? Or I need other things like sky....?
masterzone
Site Admin

Place the hdri into the gi tab, put into reflection tab if you want to see it trourgh reflection into your scene.
If you are using vray 1.2 the gi tab where you put the hdri doesn't work proprerly due to a bug that will be solved in next release.
If you put the hdri into the gi tab you can click into the bar where the name is showed and into the attributes manager try to increase the exposure and don't worry about the result into the attributes manager.
In this way you can increase the power of the hdri irradiation

Alex
castrogfx

Messaggio da castrogfx »

Thanks for the tips, masterzone! Now HDRI works fine for me!
  • Advertising
Rispondi