Prorender crashing when selected

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
tiCreativeMedia

Prorender crashing when selected

Post by tiCreativeMedia »

Hi,

I'm looking to move back from Maya to C4D. I just tried using Prorender by selecting it. As soon as I did that, C4D crashed.

Is this due to the trial version? Maybe a hardware limitation? I have a 2013 MacBook pro with an NVIDIA card in it, and also need this to run on a 2010 Mac Pro desktop

Dave
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Prorender crashing when selected

Post by masterzone »

Hi Dave, thank and welcome aboard. I think your macbook is too much old for handle such as rendering engine. Pro Render use ATI card instead of Nvidia cards so you are fully incompatible with it.
Pro render is a GPU rendering engine so you must have with you a specific graphic card such as ATI Fire or Radeon Pro on some mac books.
I think you need to move on a CPU rendering engine instead of GPU rendering engine. If you want to move on a CPU rendering engine for your macbook or mac pro desktop try Corona Renderer :)
tiCreativeMedia

Re: Prorender crashing when selected

Post by tiCreativeMedia »

Thanks and you are right. I now have a Macbook Pro 16 and its working, but still kinda slow. Maybe when I get my Mac Pro it will be of use

Thanks-
Dave
  • Advertising