Texturing Atom Array

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
monotales

Texturing Atom Array

Post by monotales »

Hello, Im having a little problem by texturing just a plane with an atom array applied with out making it editable since I need to animate the radius of the cylinders/spheres.

It is actually a very simple thing. I want it to look like a wireframe-mesh where de intersections have a different colour. (notice that the intersections are actually the spheres of the atom but in my case they are not visible because they have the same size than the cylinders).

I tried applying a gradient to the atom and playing around with the gradient settings, but didn't get with the right setup.

Im starting to play around with the software and would really appreciate your generous help on this. and of course I'm also open to a completely different way to do it.

Thank you in advance

Freddy
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Texturing Atom Array

Post by masterzone »

Unfortunately the Atom Array is a very old tool, I don't think that you can assign different material on the spheres, I think you need to convert it. Remember that you can animate all sphere after conversion by keyframe the radius of all spheres as well :)
monotales

Re: Texturing Atom Array

Post by monotales »

ok, thought I could not control the radius if it would be editable, but I can!

thank you so much!
  • Advertising