How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
cristianomenger

How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

Post by cristianomenger »

So, I started in the 3D world this year and it was through Cinema 4D. I finished my first exercise which was to model a Super Nintendo but I have no idea how to get this type of texture for a good render. I got Corona Renderer and the ones that came with C4D. Thank you for your help

The texture that I need to achieve:
https://cdn.mobilesyrup.com/wp-content/ ... ic-1-1.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

Post by masterzone »

Hi Cristian, welcome aboard. Corona renderer is a best choice in my opinion, so, if you want to achieve this results you need a "noise" shader into the bump channel for the irregularities on the surface. For the plastic effects you need to activate the Volume channel, at the and of the "standard corona material" by changing its settings to "SSS".
With SSS into the volume, you can use it for achieve the "internal translucency effects" (ignore the translucency channel at the top of the material). With SSS you can create the backlit effects for the shadowed side of the object.
The SSS parameter must be set with low parameters, as distance you must put a 0.2 or 0.3, and use the Fraction for power the light that enter into the object :)
Attachments
wax_mat.png
sss_wax.jpg
sss_wax.jpg (390.94 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
snes-classic-1-1.jpg
snes-classic-1-1.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
cristianomenger

Re: How can I get this great texture result for the super nintendo that I modeled?

Post by cristianomenger »

Thank you very much for the answer! :)
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

You are welcome
  • Advertising