tuilegenerator is back!

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

tuilegenerator is back!

Post by cappellaiomatto »

Hi everybody!

Let me introduce myself, I'm Matteo Porchedda alias cappellaiomatto (mad hatter), I'm a software architect and today is a special day for me because I became an official member of c4dzone.com team
I'm very glad to inaugurate the new section of the shop where you can find all new plugins
that we are developing for you with Alex

Today especially we inaugurate the shop with 2 plugins

The first is a gift for all registered users and it's called
plansurfaceselector
It selects all the faces of polygon with the same normal

The second is a payment plugin and it's called
tuilegenerator
It's a completely new and revisited version of the old tuilegen plugin

You can visit our site http://www.tuilegenerator.com to see how it works

Available soon online for all of you!
Thanks
contrafibbularities

Re: tuilegenerator is back!

Post by contrafibbularities »

Hi,

I just bought and installed the plugin. Activation and the license generation worked without any problems, and the plugin itself also seems to work nicely (I only have played with it for maybe 20 minutes so far). I think is going to very useful and it seems easy enough to use as well!

I am having one issue though: since I installed the plugin, I get the following error message every time I start C4D:

"R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Is this a known issue with the plugin? Is there anything that can be done about it? Does it have anything to do with where C4D is installed? I have all my programs on a different partition, not on C. Your help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
contrafibbularities
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Hi contrafibbularities, te developer will replay you as soon as possible.
In our test doesn't happen this kind of error.
Maybe there is something on windows, so give a little bit to examine this error.

Thanks for your time and sorry for that we do high test on our plugin.
Mz
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

contrafibbularities wrote:Hi,

I just bought and installed the plugin. Activation and the license generation worked without any problems, and the plugin itself also seems to work nicely (I only have played with it for maybe 20 minutes so far). I think is going to very useful and it seems easy enough to use as well!

I am having one issue though: since I installed the plugin, I get the following error message every time I start C4D:

"R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Is this a known issue with the plugin? Is there anything that can be done about it? Does it have anything to do with where C4D is installed? I have all my programs on a different partition, not on C. Your help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers
contrafibbularities
Hi
Could you tell me what is your hardware configuration, operating system and cinema version?
Have you got any other plugin installed before tuilegenerator and if yes what are they?
Your trouble with C runtime is very difficult to explain and solve and it depend on your operating system and python lib integrated with cinema 4d, probably it's a security issue with loading c library at runtime from python or something wrong with your vc++ runtime
I got the same problem with an installation of the only python core not c4d on an old xp machine and I spent hour and hour on microsoft forum tryng to solve it, I reinstall VC++ runtime, modify the bootloader with a security flag and others but nothing :(

Probably you had this problem hide on c4d since your first installation and it appears only now with tuilegenerator because on startup cinema4d load python lib which it call its library and windows crash and show you an error

Try to do this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.80).aspx

and much better call maxon assistance and tell them your trouble with python plugin
If it's a problem with manifest as explained on microsoft forum only maxon can fix it

Hope this help you and let me update about your issue
contrafibbularities

Thanks for your prompt help and the info links! It'll take a while to digest all that info as I'm not that good with computers . :)

Yes, it's a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error. It seems every other program installs Microsoft Visual C++ dependencies these days...

Im running Windows 7 Professional 32bit (incl. latest updates etc.), I have 4GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon Graphics Card HD 4800. The C4D version is R13.058. I only have one other plugin, PyDeform, and some free plugins by Jürgen Meyer, but I've already tried to remove them all and test each one separately. As soon as the roof generator is in the plugins folder, I get that error message. If I remove it Cinema starts just fine. Windows doesn't crash. Like I said, I get the error message, but can still run both the program and the plugin.

It's not that big a problem as C4D starts and I can use the plugin, it's just a bit annoying. Until I know more I'll just remove the roof generator from the plugins folder when I don't need it. Just thought it might be a good idea to let you know I'm having this problem, there was a chance it was some known issue.

As for the plugin itself, it's really nice! Runs stable so far, and it's a lot of fun putting roof tiles on a roof. It's pretty easy to figure out which setting does what, too. Exceptions: I'm not excactly how to use the "Boolean height" and "Invert fill vector". Although it's mostly self-explanatory and therefore was immediate fun, it still might be a good idea to provide at least some basic documentation explaining these things.

The real-time update and/or changing parameters using the arrow buttons next to the input fields is a bit sluggish on my PC, even with the "Test c4d" settings, which seems to be a simplified representation of the actual roof tiles. Might be my system specs are too low. Once the roof is generated and I close the plugin and/or rotate the camera and move in the scene speed is not a problem though.

One thing I found is that the generator does not seem to work on round roofs (e.g. cone, see attachment). Is that something that is not possible right now or am I doing something wrong?

My only wish right now is to have a larger selection of roof tiles to choose from, especially since it seems not to be possible to use custom geometry with the plugin.

However, overall I'm quite happy with my new toy. :) It definitely is a real time saver and it's pretty cool how it works even with more complex shapes.
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (66.18 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Hello, let me replay to you as best is possible :)

The arrow is already a low object to give users a fast and easy rapresentation of a tile. Make tile on a big roof is a littile bit heavy operation for cinema because there are boolean operations on the fly.
After plugin done the mantle, the object is very light :)

You can't make tiles on round roofs actually, sorry :(

About custom geometry, did you take a look on tutorials ? You can make your geometry too, if you want to make your tile, do it and put into tuile folder of the plugin :)

For other parameters, as invert fill vector, take a look to my post in this forum "how to make 50% offset tile".

We are warking to make a little documentation, for the first launch we make only some videotutorial.
I hope you like it and feel free to ask or comments about.

Mz
contrafibbularities

Very useful infos, thanky you very much! :)

I already saw the other thread with the "50% offset tile", which was helpful as well.
After plugin done the mantle, the object is very light
Yep. Which is good. :) I guess the reason it is light is because the tiles are generated as a single object. For me that's pretty cool cause on my PC I found that it's often not the poly count but the number of objects that kills performance fast. The roofs generated with Tuile Generator are surprisingly light, which is one thing I like about the plugin.
About custom geometry, did you take a look on tutorials ?

Nope. :) I actually meant to, but when I started playing around with the plugin I found it very intuitive and easy to use for the most part, so I kind of forgot to have a look at the videos. :P Will watch them soon, thanks for reminding me. :)
You can make your geometry too, if you want to make your tile, do it and put into tuile folder of the plugin
Terrrific! I did notice the folder with the c4d files, but it didn't occur to me that that's how you could add your own custom tiles. That's really great news!
You can't make tiles on round roofs actually, sorry
Pity, of course, as it would be much more convenient if the plugin could do that, but that's not a big concern right now. If I need tiles on round roofs I'll just generate them on a plane and then use a circular spline (preferably from the round roof itself), spline wrap and an FFD deformer to get the tiles where I need them. At least I think that could be a workaround. Will yet have to test that theory it to see if it works. It should do the trick.
I hope you like it
I certainly do, been waiting for something like this tile generator for a long time. :) I have tested the plugin on quite a few objects now, and it's really working great for me. Not a single crash so far, by the way, the stability of the plugin seems to be very good!
We are warking to make a little documentation
That's great, I'm sure people will appreciate it. :)
In the meantime I'll go and check out the videos and see what I've missed... Thanks again for your help!

Cheers
contrafibbularities
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Hi contrafibbularities
sorry for late but I was very busy today.
I have just created a guide that explain how to create complex roof, let's visit the section make tile 50% offset
Tommorow I will answer to you to all of your question about vc++ and others
Bye
Matteo
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Oopps I forgot this: "Boolean height"

This is if you using tile very high and the tuile dont reach whole tile for cut. Usually this parameters is only in some cases.
contrafibbularities

Thanks for the additional info on the Boolean option!

Please don't spend any more time on that runtime issue. If no other TuileGen users have this problem, there's no point that you waste any more time on the problem. :)

It may be that something went wrong during the update to .058, which I installed a couple of days ago. I may have to reinstall C4D at some point. As long as TuileGen is the only thing that seems to lead to that error message, I will not go to all that trouble, however. I might contact Maxon about it, but chances are they won't be able to help much either as it's difficult to say what the cause may be, especially since without TuilGen C4D runs without any problems, as does my entire PC. I've meanwhile ran some system checks etc. that turned up nothing at all.

Cheers
contrafibbularities
  • Advertising