Floor Generator

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
jc4d

Floor Generator

Post by jc4d »

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you for the new plugin, looks great. :)

Before purchase it, I would like to know if is possible to read the manual since there are few parameters that are not covered in the video. Additionally, I would like to ask if instead of splitting the polygon we can have a polygon selection tag to avoid extra geometry in the scene.

Cheers,
Juan
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Floor Generator

Post by masterzone »

Thanks!!

Hi Juan, here is the little PDF manual to read some tips not covered on the video.
For the flow, unfortunately the plugin works on poly flat surface so you need to split the upper surface for good results :)

ps: the plugin is very easy and you can try some parameters or see what we done with some presets as multiple tiles or tiled row floor....
Attachments
build-own-tiles.pdf.zip
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
captnchap

Post by captnchap »

hi,

first of all great plugin! saves a lot of time:)

i have a question or rather a feature request.

it would be perfect if there were options to randomize rotation and position for the tiles.

another feature idea would be an option to add chamfers/bevels to the tiles. right now i have to collapse and optimize everything and add a bevel afterwards to have them on all edges, even the cut ones by the bool. thats ok, but would be a nice and handy feature.

for the randomisation i havent found a solution yet other than the limited options in the tool right now.

keep up the good work,

cheers,

jan
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Hi Jan thanks for your tips.
About bevel, we gave to the user the possibility for choosing or adding the own tiles into plugin database or picking up the tile from the scene (where in the video demo I put an hexagon on the wall). If you make the tile with bevel you will get a all beveled tiles.
We chose this behaviour because for a correct bevel you need a perfect modelled tile so we don't know the user skill that using the plugin so the result may be varying based on tiles...

For the randomisation you can use the features we used on the planks for wood tiles, we doesn't create the rotation randomisation because if you want to random the material you can drag different oriented materials on the floor and the plugin make the randomisation for you but I think that the position is already done...
Let me link the discussion to "Caleidos" the developer :)
captnchap

Post by captnchap »

hi,

thx for the quick answer.

i went a bit deeper this morning and i think i got some out of it.

bevel (also on the outside border edges) : i put the floor generator into a connect object (weld) together with a bevel deformer. only issue with that the beveled edges only get one material.

slight randomization per floor board to create some imperfection: i put that into a voronoi fracture and added a random effector. i deactivated everything i didnt need from the voroni. in some cases the phong tag on the tiles have to be deactivated and refreshed in floor geneator to avoid some normal issues.

would be great to have these somehow implemented anyway.

cheers,

jan
  • Advertising