Question about Mixing TexturesOC

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
bradmoriz

Question about Mixing TexturesOC

Post by bradmoriz »

Hello all!

I'm new to C4D, so I cant model worth a damn. I recently got a luxury retirement homes in india Thor's hammer model online, and it came with a folder filled with textures. Some of these textures have to be stacked/blended so that the hammer looks right, but I cannot figure out how to do this. When I apply textures, they just overlap; they dont blend. How can I accomplish this? flat for sale in lower parel
Last edited by bradmoriz on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Question about Mixing TexturesOC

Post by masterzone »

If you find some material tags applied to the object (without selection triangle tags) this behaviour is useful for creating "stacked materials".
In a simple way if you put a standard material into the object, for example a red shiny material, you can put on the object as second texture tag another material, but the second material must have the "alpha" turned on with a B/W texture into this channel to make the transparency effect, otherwise the second material will overlap and will cover the first one.

Let me know
  • Advertising