English Version of Forums

Forum for: Off-topics discussions hidden from homepage, talk about whatever you like.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
pfx

English Version of Forums

Post by pfx »

Hi,

Great move to include an English component to your website.
Would it be possible to provide a 'Google English' translated version of the the Italian forums.
There are over 8000 topics there with lots of very valuable information and only some 20 topics in the English forum as it gets underway.
For example, anyone who posts new info, scenes, materials related to VRay would be of great interest to both the Italian and English communities. It would be a shame for one side to miss out just because of the language barrier.
It may just be for viewing only, as I'm not sure how a member would be able to post an English response to an Italian post.
Thanks

PFX
wega

Re: English Version of Forums

Post by wega »

hi pfx nice to see you here :P my english is not good, I try to write what I've in my mind :P

I think that the translation of full italian forum is possible only via google because is impossibile to convert all topic from italian to english.....
I think that site administrators created the forum to give to english users or new users a tool where you can ask for tips and triks or only to put some wip for help you in your job.

C4dzone was start into italian language and only now we have a english forum, but I think that it will remain separate because the english forum need time to grow as italian forum...and many italian users don't post twice topics because not all italian know english language :(

I think that it will better if the english zone of the forum become populated with english users..or not?

I look forward for admins replay :)

Wega
pfx

Post by pfx »

Thanks for your response.

Yes I understand the difficulties of trying to run a website across two languages.
It is definitely much easier to run a separate forum for Italian and English.
However, is it possible to have a copy of the Italian forum with Google translator applied to it.
It would be for viewing only and there would be no facility to respond to posts.
The translation would not be totally accurate but would give English readers the opportunity to access the valuable info held in the Italian forum.

Just a thought...
wega

Post by wega »

I don't know if it's possibile because the forum board can't be translated automatically. The only way is to use google translator...did you never use it on some other web site?

W :x
Leffer

Post by Leffer »

Hello! I wanted to say thanks for the invite to your site, now that it's in English. Also, thanks a ton for submitting my image (Winter//Plague) to the monthly image. It's very much appreciated! Cheers! Leffer
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Hi leffer! welcome here , your images was very appreciated! you have a real skill too!
Write here when you need something about your works or to show us your Wips, share that C4Dzone.com now speak english too :)

We'll waiting to see you on forum and into the gallery as well :P
Leffer

Post by Leffer »

masterzone wrote:Hi leffer! welcome here , your images was very appreciated! you have a real skill too!
Write here when you need something about your works or to show us your Wips, share that C4Dzone.com now speak english too :)

We'll waiting to see you on forum and into the gallery as well :P
absolutely! Thanks again! I pop in out a couple times a day. Work is a bit crazy these weeks, but I will be posting more as time goes on. Cheers!
  • Advertising