Is this possible with C4D?

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
majo72

Is this possible with C4D?

Post by majo72 »

Helping a customer to create a site where they can present their furniture and all its variants. They asked me to find out how this was made:
https://nevotex.se/produkter/bekladnads ... nd/1017518
if you then select the fourth image, which is a selection tool for different colors.
Does anyone know what this technique is called? In this case they seem to use Unity WebGL Player but how do you prepare a project for this? Possible to do with C4D?

Thanks,

Mattias
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Is this possible with C4D?

Post by masterzone »

Hello Matias, welcome aboard...

I surfed the page you linked and I think this kind of project is pretty easy to do but only if you know how to script into unity ecosystem. I think is only a multi layer image with many combination and layers and by recalling them via popup menu you can change colors and texture but seems only a static rendering made with cinema4d and animated on unity.
Unity is very powerful with 2D tools so I think they used it for recall layers on the image by selecting the popup menu but you can develop it via HTML5 and CSS.

On cinema4D you can only render the background image and layers for matching the final compositing but the big development is move all pictures on unity and create the project....or HTML5

take a look here...with a little bit fantasy you can image what you can do with many pictures

https://www.epaperpress.com/radio/index.html
majo72

Post by majo72 »

masterzone wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:53 pm Hello Matias, welcome aboard...

I surfed the page you linked and I think this kind of project is pretty easy to do but only if you know how to script into unity ecosystem. I think is only a multi layer image with many combination and layers and by recalling them via popup menu you can change colors and texture but seems only a static rendering made with cinema4d and animated on unity.
Unity is very powerful with 2D tools so I think they used it for recall layers on the image by selecting the popup menu but you can develop it via HTML5 and CSS.

On cinema4D you can only render the background image and layers for matching the final compositing but the big development is move all pictures on unity and create the project....or HTML5

take a look here...with a little bit fantasy you can image what you can do with many pictures

https://www.epaperpress.com/radio/index.html

Thanks, but in this case it is over 4 million combinations of colors that you can choose from (161 choices in three groups) so it has to be something else. I assume it is GL rendered somehow, but the rest?
masterzone
Site Admin

Post by masterzone »

Into the example you shown there are three fornitures with fixed colors and 161 combinations. If you need 161 combinations per object and you don't want to render 161 layers per object, you can render your furniture on a separate layer with B/W (Black and white).
Via HTML5 you can create a color blending with "colorize" method as photoshop layering overlay. So you can make millions of colors via colorize the B/W graphic layer.
Anyway you need only the background render and three layers or masks...
Alex :)
  • Advertising