Cinema 4D tracking

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderators: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
adisan

Cinema 4D tracking

Post by adisan »

Hey guy i am very new in cinema 4D, and trying to figure it out as i go. I followed some tutorials and got the start on my project. I need it for my grad school project. i think it's fairly easy, but i don't understand why it's happening.

So i tracked camera in After Effects 2023 ( created origin and plane then Camera and Solid) , exported to Cinema 4D 2024 and opened it. So i Merged the 3d objects, put the materials, all done , but the thing is that when i place the object in my scene ( background added with photos and animated ) , it moves around when the camera moves , not staying on the fixed point. ( the object was turned into null object and set as slave to the Tracked obeject from AE.

i will do a youtube video of the "finished render". so you guys can maybe help out . Thank you .
adisan

Re: Cinema 4D tracking

Post by adisan »

Update i just uploaded the video to youtube .

If i can layout the problem in a simple way is that if you notice when the models are on lower "altitute" it does not stay still , it moves with the camera . But when i place the models on high "altitute " it stays there and gives the desired effect. Why is that?

Thank you very much again

https://youtu.be/guJpZ4lSaLE
visualtricks
Moderatore

Post by visualtricks »

Hi and welcome!
It seems like your C4D ground plane is wrongly positioned (lower in fact), it happens all the time for me too, even if I set the ground plane in AE it won't line up in cinema.
I would suggest to ignore the c4d origin and just use a solid from AE as reference for Y = 0 because If your solid is working in AE then It should work in cinema too.
If you need to align everything to c4d origin then take the plane out of the group, put everything as a child of it, move and align the plane as you need and finally put everything back where it was in the hierarchy.
Attachments
Screenshot-2024-02-01-102634.jpg
Screenshot-2024-02-01-102634.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
adisan

Post by adisan »

Thank you for the response i will align all to the solid imported with the tracking data from AE and let you know the result. Thank you again dear sir for the help.
adisan

Post by adisan »

UPDATE : Hey @visualtricks you are a god. The only thing I had to do is to select my tracking object in full and move the plane to align with the c4d plane. That and re-scale and a little bit of wiggle and finished !! Thank you very much for your help. ! You can close this, Thank you again
visualtricks
Moderatore

Post by visualtricks »

Glad to hear!
visualtricks
Moderatore

Post by visualtricks »

Sent you a PM
adisan

Post by adisan »

Recieved notification that someone posted a response here .. if you still need help , i would gladñy help
  • Advertising