Plain sailing

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

• Advertising
mikeb

Re: Plain sailing

Messaggio da mikeb »

I'm not going for a specific ship but rather a generic 74 gunner.

I thought I'd add my rigging to get a sense of scale (and work done) on the ship. I've started to add some deck details as well.

I'm gonna have to add some people soon though so i don't get the scale horribly wrong in places.
Allegati
74 gun 3.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

very good! now the ship looks very good!
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

I'm getting stuck into more horrible details, changing some things around a little as well. I got bored and started to try out some textures to bring it too life (and also to check how much further i must go with the detail modeling).
Allegati
74 gun 4.jpg
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Here is a big one, i've really got into the texturing side of things now as i don't think i need to do as much modeling as i first though.

The main texture is still in early days but i like where it's headed.

I have also added two marines to give a better sense of scale. I've added more details to make the ship functional, started to think about the captains quarters as well.

Then i've also started on the cannons, so far these are just basic 400 poly versions, though i think they work well. I placed the first 29 using mograph (thus not the fore aft or those on the upper decks). I made a simple invisible polygon and attached a clone of each cannon to each vertex. I did this for 2 reasons 1st it's very easy to change they're positions. 2ndly i will be able to offset the firing animations, maybe even make them a bit random..

I will be turning up the light for the next render.
Allegati
74 gun 5.jpg
flowbox

Messaggio da flowbox »

hello Mike

sry 4 my english

very very good model ... can you post a wireframe ?

bye

fabrik
Non ho piu freddo e NON PAGO PIU LE TASSE.... vivo qui:

http://www.infolasgaleras.com
________

http://www.websolutionsdf.com

Messaggio da mikeb »

I will post a wireframe soon..

Lots going on here. Firstly a different light set up (and requested backdrop).

I added 7 more cannons to each side of the upper decks. Splining off and mographing the deck railing that was so desperately required, also doing more nose detail (which feels like it will never be finished. I haven't even started on the back of the ship yet).

I managed to cut the number of polys down by 1/2 by refining the rigging splines (with no noticeable difference). I also fixed the base of the rigging that was pointed out to have been wrong (though i haven't finished the main masts deadeyes yet (horrible job)).

I added basic gun hatches on the lower deck, though you almost can't see them from this angle.

More soon.
Allegati
74 gun 6.jpg
primier

Messaggio da primier »

Great work!!! Wonderful!
I think that the final animation will be fantastic!

primier

LA MIA GALLERIA
http://www.c4dzone.com/gallery/primier-14207/

http://www.studiotecnicolongo.it
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

So here is where i've been going with my boat. Lots of fiddly uv's. Getting there now though.

Next up is modeling the aft, which i've been putting off for as long as possible. Time to bite the bullet. There are still some problems with the textures as well, but i think I'll light the boat properly before finalizing over them.

What was to story behind the black stripes running along some ships?
Allegati
74 gun 7.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Great! very great! I like it sooooo much!
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Loads more going on here.

Added some more textures, re-worked the boat texture, fixed the ropes that hold the window hatches open, removed the basic blocks & added more & proper blocks. Made the lights, anchor & a couple more details. Added some randomness to the climbing ropes (as it was far too repetitive), made a diffuse channel for the ship & lastly i added the ships wheel.
Allegati
74 gun 8.jpg
  • Advertising
Rispondi