What type of modeling is this?

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
Kryptio

What type of modeling is this?

Messaggio da Kryptio »

Hello i am decently new at model making, but i am working on a project that requires me to construct cartoon like creatures. \What type of modeling is this? I ask because I would like to learn how to design creature meshes just like this including adding the textures for like the eyes. I have tried to goggle some concepts but the only thing i get is like realistic monsters.

Basically i am just trying to learn how to become a cartoonic mesh maker. I mostly use Cinema 4D, but i dont even know where to begin this time of design. I already have some monsters illustrated but need a good idea on where to start. If anyone has an idea that could lead me in the right direction, please let me know
Allegati
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (137.58 KiB) Visto 2122 volte
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: What type of modeling is this?

Messaggio da masterzone »

This kind is named SUB-D. A set of instruments with polygon modelling as Box or Point to Point modelling with Subidivison Surfaces tool (Hyper NURBS). You can start from a sketch reference frontal and right or left and start tu sculpt a cube, o starting with point to point technique by using a flat point surface and by adding point with polygon pen or CTRL + Click in point mode and bridging these polygon into a mesh.
We have only italian tutorial but here is an example of point to point technique, follow only the video by muting the audio or use the automatic auto generated subtitle from Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zl6SOr_RM&t=2s

Here is the same technique applied to a CAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAr1Ql-yEjM&t=291s

Alex :)
Kryptio

Messaggio da Kryptio »

Awesome this is exactly what i was looking for! Thanks!
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

you are welcome!
  • Advertising
Rispondi