Glass material rendering grey/darker

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
tom.sb

Glass material rendering grey/darker

Messaggio da tom.sb »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make photorealistic glass objects in order to apply some visuals/patterns at the end.

I achieved something I like on a black background, but If I put my render on a white screen the render looks really bad.

I had lots of trouble to get a nice lightning but now I'm stuck with this.

How can I make the glass looks really transparent ?

You can download the project file here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jocMXV ... 7vDQMI2WeE

Thanks in advance for you help ❤️

Immagine
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Glass material rendering grey/darker

Messaggio da masterzone »

I downloaded your file and all seems to be fine. I moved the color slider of the Cinena4D Trasparent channel to 100% instead of 94%. This action give to you a more trasparente alpha channel.

Remember that if you want a more transparent object you need to works on alpha channel to make it more white, as you can see the alpha channel is displayed a little bit grey to avoid holes into the channel :)

see image below
Allegati
Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 12.00.55.png
tom.sb

Messaggio da tom.sb »

masterzone ha scritto: lun giu 08, 2020 12:01 pm I downloaded your file and all seems to be fine. I moved the color slider of the Cinena4D Trasparent channel to 100% instead of 94%. This action give to you a more trasparente alpha channel.

Remember that if you want a more transparent object you need to works on alpha channel to make it more white, as you can see the alpha channel is displayed a little bit grey to avoid holes into the channel :)

see image below
Thanks man you are my hero. Indeed setting the transparent channel to 100% give me a way better render !
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Advertising
Rispondi