undulating mesh

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
mmcd

undulating mesh

Messaggio da mmcd »

Hello, just wondering if anyone can help. I'm tearing my hair out trying to recreate a style in cinema 4D that the boss is fixated on.

Its essentially and undulating mesh that is fixed at the centre almost like cloth to flag pole whilst the outer edges ripple. The animation has to be a dot arrangement yet despite trying everything from xparticles to atom array and cloners I can't quite hit it.

Any ideas? link below of what it is i'm trying to emulate, it's the stuff further down the page that's quite colourful and has in this case been created in unity;

https://gmunk.com/ORA-Summoners-HALO
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: undulating mesh

Messaggio da masterzone »

Mmm I think you can achieve this results by using a lot of spline arranged from the center to the external ring.
By using the sound effector you can move points up and down to create ripples effects.
Maybe by using some Animated noises into the sound effector should be a good idea.

You can clone rings by using the cloner With 0,0,0, into the size and step effector for moving rings
mmcd

Re: undulating mesh

Messaggio da mmcd »

Hey masterzone, i'll give that a whirl this evening.

Many thanks :)
  • Advertising
Rispondi