Looking for an advice - C4D modelling a particular organic shape (beginner)

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
Pipo Pop

Looking for an advice - C4D modelling a particular organic shape (beginner)

Messaggio da Pipo Pop »

Hi dear C4D community,

I’m new here and trying to model my organic shaped project. I have a sketch and a floorplan (already in curves made in CAD software but 2D). Wondering which way would be smart to model it (please see my uploaded attachment).

My idea is:

a) use default shape capsule and somehow (how?) shape and deform it to the form I want. Floorplan and sketch (as an elevation) will be uploaded as an underlayer.

b) Using floorplan and sketch (elevation) as an underlayer as well but using curves as a particular horizontal sections in different heights defining shape and afterwards using tool “Loft Nurbs” to cover it?

What do you think? Is this a way or is there more smart option how to make my required shape?
(design on uploaded pix is a draft, still not final shape - just looking for a way how to model it)

Any help I would appreciate, thank you in advance guys! :)

Untitled-1.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Looking for an advice - C4D modelling a particular organic shape (beginner)

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hi! and welcome aboard :)
This kind of models can't be modelled with LoftNurbs because you have a three parts melted into the center of the building. The Loft is suitable for single piece structure where you have a start point and an end point.
This structure is for software as Rhinoceros where you can use curves for creating it.

With Cinema4D you need to work with polygon modelling techniques due to a three branch structure. By extruding a cube with Subdivision Surfaces instrument you can achieve this result without problems. After creating the base mesh you can make extrusion with CAPS for creating the wall thickness.

:)
Pipo Pop

Messaggio da Pipo Pop »

Hi Masterzone,

thank you very much for your advice, I will start with cube though :)

But in a way of LoftNurbs, my intention was to have horizontal closed curves/splines (in different heights) so in this way it still will be "one piece" only, no?
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Yes you can create an object with horizontal slices spline as a mountain or hill. The problem that you will get a very bad results on the base and top of the building because the Loftnurbs is not suitable for very curved shapes on the final caps.
The Loft is good if you finish the building with a semi-flat surface but in your building you have a very smoothed shapes on the top 🤔
  • Advertising
Rispondi