Snap Question

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
AltoFlash

Snap Question

Messaggio da AltoFlash »

Hi, so far i know that if snapping is activated and the move tool is selected, when i click on an empty space, I can have the selected object stuck to the cursor by its axis, ready to be dropped to a snap, like a vertex or an edge. that way, if I align its axis to a vertex, i can align an object to another, say vertex to vertex, for example.

what i’d like to do is something similar, but i can’t find a way to achieve it. i want to rotate an object, but instead of using the rotation orb, i’d like to grab it by a vertex so i can snap it somewhere else while using the axis i had set before

TL;DR: I want to rotate the green object so the vertex marked with red snaps to the vertex marked with green on the red object:

Immagine

do i even make sense? i tried rotating it as is using the orb but it won’t snap.
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Snap Question

Messaggio da masterzone »

You can't do it in this way because Cinema4D will snap the selected axis to the other object, but the selected object has axis do the right so doesn't works....maybe you can achieve this by using the workplanes but I don't know if this works...

https://www.c4dzone.com/en/blog/tutoria ... ts-748.htm
AltoFlash

Re: Snap Question

Messaggio da AltoFlash »

ok, i imagined i was asking something impossible, but i wanted to check. i'll see if there is a mathematical way to solve this as neatly as possible. maybe i'll just use character rigging, i could end up with something better that i envisioned first.

Tante grazie!
  • Advertising
Rispondi