Heavy Guy..

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
mikeb

Heavy Guy..

Messaggio da mikeb »

I saw a Vray render a while ago that i thought i could equal with AR3, then i figured it was a great place to apply some mograph dynamics.

I put him together from bits of coal i made for a job last week. In the past his stones would intersect. Not anymore..

I've rigged the him and did some tests tonight on how the rocks work with the dynamics, once I'm happy with the results I'll post more..
Allegati
rock-guy-3b0003b.jpg
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Heavy Guy..

Messaggio da masterzone »

Amazing!!!! You must make an animation of it!!!!...
Put it into the gallery :)
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

It's all starting to come together (excuse the pun). The rig is almost ready, I'm still not sure how to go about his hands though?!

The light in the background is meant to be the cave opening, though i think I'm going to add some animated noise to the light. Maybe even some dust floating in the air..

This is a very basic test of his rig/simulation mechanics and even sound design (which will be fun).

http://www.doghouseanimations.com/rocky01.mov
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Great Mikeb! bouncing rocks are so good! seems to be solid too! :)
I'm waiting to see upgrade :)
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

This render doesn't look too different from the last but there are a couple of important changes.
First off, he doesn't leak rocks anymore (left shoulder of the first clip).
The rocks are now more stable, to the point where he can now walk on them.
I've started rendering the shot out in layers so i have better control in post and slightly better rendertimes.
The biggest issue I'm having is with the rendertime, i've tried everything from 3 point, array based, gi (ir & qmc based) lighting for good results I'm looking at 5 minute rendertimes on the base layer, at this resolution.

http://www.doghouseanimations.com/rocky02.mov
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Sorry about the delay. Had a lot of work on recently.

I've been thinking what to do with this guy over the last few days. I know how i want to do it but I'm not sure what yet..

So i thought I'd start working on the environment. The idea of the light in the background was the opening of a cave so i have made that i little more obvious now adding a bit of inner cave.

For the moment it's blurred out but it is basically 3d already.

I'm going to start some character tests over the next few days..

Immagine
frankhill

Messaggio da frankhill »

definitely awesome!!!!! :o
to the infinity and beyond
Bye from the Hill
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Okay so it took longer than i expected having all the troubles of a general character rig, then a couple of new ones on top.

Still i have moved quite a way forward, my ever developing way of rigging characters was forced into this guy and now he does what i tell him to.

I've started to animate him to see how he works in certain situations. I'll go into more detail on that when i post the clip..

I have spent quite a while making the interior of the cave too. I had to actually make the inside of the cave as his shadow needed to obscure something to properly place him in the scene.

Here is a still of the main animation i have rendering at the moment..
Allegati
rocky04.jpg
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Wait no longer. I had this done a few days ago but wanted to hold out till the new version is finished, but i've had to work again so i thought I'd show where I'm up to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYc8ZJVCrL8

I've given my rig quite the workout using all kinds of movements.

Typical for anything involving dynamic simulations. He works better in some ways and fails a little on other areas.

So what does everyone thing so far?
parlmc

Messaggio da parlmc »

hi Mike,
really nice concept, I like it. the production is really good. are you planning to add some particles for dust on collision or something?
I hope to see the final version soon!

ps. I saw your other works on youtube, you are really skilled, congrats!
pps. my 1st post in the international c4dzone, visto che bravino Mz?
ciaociao,
Ros
  • Advertising
Rispondi