Plugin Announcement: Cinapsis - Free Public Beta

Forum for: Questions or news about online resources, textures, models, projects.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
Mallard

Plugin Announcement: Cinapsis - Free Public Beta

Messaggio da Mallard »

Hi there,

I would like to announce our latest plugin "Cinapsis". It's a workflow plugin adding something like the Mac's "Spotlight" to C4D.

We started the public beta period short time ago so you can download it from our site for free. It will expire on Jan. 1st in 2010. It should work on C4D R10 and everything later, both on PC and Mac, 32bit as well as 64bit. During the beta period it can also be purchased for a reduced price including an update to the final version.

http://www.blackstar-solutions.de

A little feedback on your experiences concerning general workflow, errors, additional cool feature requests for the final version and such would be highly appreciated of course.

There's a video showing an example workflow with the plugin; turn on the speakers for the female voice ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscEU4eFQb8&hd=1

A brief summary:

Have a complex scene and you're looking for some texture or shader or object - hit Alt+f, enter a part of the name and find a suggestion list of all the items including that in your scene. Strike [enter] and it's selected in the OM / Attribute Manager.

Included in the look up can be:
-Objects (i.e. the names as well as ObjectTypes)
-Materials (name, type)
-Textures (paths, filenames, extensions...)
-Shaders
-Tags
-Commands (c4d commands, plugins)
-Links (references in in- or exclude lists, linked shaders, effects....)
-Video Post Effects
-Descriptions (description names, values)

It also looks up every opened document and tells you in which document the search result is being found (can be turned off i.e. restricted to the active document only in the options).

You can also do a search in un-opened documents ("Find-in-files-Tab"): select some .c4d file or a whole directory which will be searched. That's pretty neat to quickly (well, many large scene will still take some time) find things out like "which scenes are using my texture on c:\temptextures...").

There's further the possibility to "overwrite" or in general define what Cinapsis should do when you press [enter] or double click on a selected search result. The intrinsic default action is [select] i.e. to select the whatever and show it's attributes (except for commands - it's the execution of them of course). For each search type you can select a COFFEE script when it's placed in the Cinapsis scripts folder. Thus you can easily search for items being of interest to be given as a argument to any custom script.

Thanks for your time,

-Andre
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Plugin Announcement: Cinapsis - Free Public Beta

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hello! nice to see you on C4Dzone.com...thanks for the links.

Mz
Mallard

Re: Plugin Announcement: Cinapsis - Free Public Beta

Messaggio da Mallard »

Thanks too :)

There was an issue on the Mac in version R11 - it has been fixed now and the Beta version files which can be downloaded on our site have been updated.

So anything should work fine now on the Mac too - happy experimenting :)
  • Advertising
Rispondi