Anchor point Tuile generator

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
jc4d

Anchor point Tuile generator

Messaggio da jc4d »

Hi all,

I was wondering if would be possible to have some kind of anchor point from were the duplication start?
I made my custom tiles and I don´t want to show a "booled" tile in front. As you can see in the picture the front of my tile is beveled and is very important for me to keep it but not the overlapped tile.
Maybe is my workflow, I´m pretty new with this plugin. :-((

Cheers
JC.

PS. If the developer need the tile file PM me.
Allegati
customtile.jpg
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Anchor point Tuile generator

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

jc4d ha scritto:Hi all,

I was wondering if would be possible to have some kind of anchor point from were the duplication start?
I made my custom tiles and I don´t want to show a "booled" tile in front. As you can see in the picture the front of my tile is beveled and is very important for me to keep it but not the overlapped tile.
Maybe is my workflow, I´m pretty new with this plugin. :-((

Cheers
JC.

PS. If the developer need the tile file PM me.

Hi JC

you can control the boolean cut with Offset Parameters

If you enable realtime update when you change the values you will see in realtime the output...but you need a fast computer otherwise every change may take some time

;)
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Try to use the offset x,z too for to move the whole roof tiles on a direction to obtain a good start.
TuileGenerator starts to make tiles on a different direction based on roof side orientation and there is no a perfect solution to clear a half tile or more.
jc4d

Messaggio da jc4d »

Thank you so much for your answers :) , but for some reason I can´t make it work :( .

Here is a sample file (Customtile is the one that goes into TuileGenerator tiles folder), I would need the tiles overlapped as in the screenshot and a clean tiles start border.
Any further help would be appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance
Juan Carlos
Allegati
Cleanstart.jpg
Customtile.rar
(43.25 KiB) Scaricato 135 volte
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

jc4d ha scritto:Thank you so much for your answers :) , but for some reason I can´t make it work :( .

Here is a sample file (Customtile is the one that goes into TuileGenerator tiles folder), I would need the tiles overlapped as in the screenshot and a clean tiles start border.
Any further help would be appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance
Juan Carlos

To correrct this behaviour you have to modify the dima tile.
Open the tile file and move the stepx or stepz tile (I don't remember now) out of the upper base tile.
Try to generate the roof until this behaviour disappear.

Otherwise you have to delete the rest of cut manually
jc4d

Messaggio da jc4d »

cappellaiomatto ha scritto: To correrct this behaviour you have to modify the dima tile.
Open the tile file and move the stepx or stepz tile (I don't remember now) out of the upper base tile.
Try to generate the roof until this behaviour disappear.

Otherwise you have to delete the rest of cut manually
Thank you for your tips, I manage to create a "clean start" but then the overlapping is gone. I guess there is no way to have both things at the same time. The good thing is that there is a workaround deleting the starting border manually :)

I would like to add this into the wishlist for the developers, the possibility to choose the anchor point from where the roof is going to be generated. Working in a house company the roof are a important part of the house, like we say the roof is the fifth facade of a house/building.

Cheers
JC
  • Advertising
Rispondi