Modeling Helper install docs incomplete...

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
jwiede

Modeling Helper install docs incomplete...

Messaggio da jwiede »

Just purchased Modeling Helper, and cannot find anything in the docs which describes how to install the toolbar icons, etc. Furthermore, there is no "Modeling Helper" entry in my plugins menu, nor any obviously-named functions in the Command Manager (though the activation dialog came up fine, acknowledged activation, etc.). If I reload python plugins I see a message each time saying:

SystemError: error return without exception set
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "modelinghelper.pype", line 1239, in <module>
TypeError: You can just reload already registered plugins

How do I install ModelingHelper? The "Install and Activate" docs only cover _file_ install and activation, they don't cover adding the UI icons, etc. The provided video documentation says nothing about UI install either, unfortunately. As I can't find menu entries under plugins for it, nor entries in the command manager (which could just be due to not knowing their names), I'm unsure how to proceed.

:?

Thanks!
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Modeling Helper install docs incomplete...

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

Hi
did you install correctly the plugin?
have you enter the activation code on the proper form the first time you activate the plugin?

When the plugin is correctly installed its commands will appear on the plugin menu
Allegati
1.jpg
1.jpg (76.67 KiB) Visto 1428 volte
jwiede

Messaggio da jwiede »

cappellaiomatto ha scritto:Hi
have you enter the activation code on the proper form the first time you activate the plugin?

When the plugin is correctly installed its commands will appear on the plugin menu
Yes, did both, installed per instructions, activated plugin and entered code, still nothing. No menu entry under Plugins at all. This is on C4D Studio R14 (Mac) on OSX 10.8.2, if it matters. Anything else I should try? Also, is that error I'm seeing in the console expected? If not, perhaps that has something to do with my issue?

Thanks!
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hello J, it's sound strange for me, i've installed too on my r14...this is the tree of my folder on my C4D, is it the same?

ps: did you see some errors on console menu (script menu) , as E01 or something similar?
Allegati
tree.jpg
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

jwiede ha scritto:
cappellaiomatto ha scritto:Hi

Yes, did both, installed per instructions, activated plugin and entered code, still nothing. No menu entry under Plugins at all. This is on C4D Studio R14 (Mac) on OSX 10.8.2, if it matters. Anything else I should try? Also, is that error I'm seeing in the console expected? If not, perhaps that has something to do with my issue?

Thanks!
If you install and activate the plugin correctly as you told the error that appears on the console means that you have install another plugin that goes in conflict with our plugin.
In this case the fault was of the other plugin because we have used the Unique Plugin ID assigned by MAXON
If another plugin use our unique ID you have to uninstall it or contact the other developer and tell him to fix this issue.
It's not fair develop a plugin for cinema and give us an auto id because of this issue

Open script -> plugin manager
if you expand all plugin voice you will find the plugin that goes in conflict with us

These are our unique id

If you find a plugin that use one of these codes you have to uninstall it
  • Advertising
Rispondi