Isoline Helper

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
contrafibbularities

Isoline Helper

Messaggio da contrafibbularities »

Isoline Helper is a nice little plugin, I've played around with it for a bit and I find it very useful! There's a couple of things though that might need to be changed/improved:

a) The slide option is very clunky and you can't slide the points smoothly.
b) Even if you drag the slider once you have to hit "Undo" multiple times to return the point to its original position.
c) Align points cannot be undone.
d) In some cases it would be useful to be able to align the points on the spline at even distances. It would be nice to have an option that allows you to do that.

Since you've created so many useful plugins already, can I make a plugin request for some stuff I'd like to see in the future? :)
1) It would be cool to have a plugin that could create pipe connections with clean geometry and different levels of detail (something similar to what you can do with the Meier plugins, which, however, always requires a bit of trial and errorand and testing to make things work).

2) A cable plugin would be awesome as well. Something that would make it easy to connect a cable to and make it adjust to the object's movement. That is a real pain to do manually.

Other than that, I hope you keep your plugins coming. :) I bought quite a few of them and particularly like the plugins for creating grass and hedges and the tile generator.

Cheers
contrafibbularities
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Re: Isoline Helper

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

Hi contrafibbularities

contrafibbularities ha scritto:Isoline Helper is a nice little plugin, I've played around with it for a bit and I find it very useful! There's a couple of things though that might need to be changed/improved:
Thanks for your suggestion! :lol: :lol:

contrafibbularities ha scritto: a) The slide option is very clunky and you can't slide the points smoothly.
b) Even if you drag the slider once you have to hit "Undo" multiple times to return the point to its original position.
Yes I know pfiu , I put it on the plugin because it doesn't cost time to develop it but I don't want to waste to improve it because the R14 has got already the snap point to plugin function and it works very well......so It's not smart to "Reinvent the wheel"

contrafibbularities ha scritto: c) Align points cannot be undone.
I have just added this features, tomorrow I will publish the Update The next release will be 1.0.1 :mrgreen:
contrafibbularities ha scritto: d) In some cases it would be useful to be able to align the points on the spline at even distances. It would be nice to have an option that allows you to do that.
I have already thinked about it but unfortunately Cinema doesn't not store the order of selected points so I cannot understand the order of them in 3d space without any indication,.....so this features cannot be implement at this moment :(

contrafibbularities ha scritto: Since you've created so many useful plugins already, can I make a plugin request for some stuff I'd like to see in the future? :)
1) It would be cool to have a plugin that could create pipe connections with clean geometry and different levels of detail (something similar to what you can do with the Meier plugins, which, however, always requires a bit of trial and errorand and testing to make things work).
I will take a look at Meier plugins but in the meanwhile could you post some examples, screenshots or cinema 4d files with the problem to solve, so I can understand what can I do for fix this issue ;)

contrafibbularities ha scritto: 2) A cable plugin would be awesome as well. Something that would make it easy to connect a cable to and make it adjust to the object's movement. That is a real pain to do manually.
Like before, post examples and let me understand what do you need ;) ;)
contrafibbularities ha scritto:
Other than that, I hope you keep your plugins coming. :) I bought quite a few of them and particularly like the plugins for creating grass and hedges and the tile generator.

Cheers
contrafibbularities
Thanks

Matteo
contrafibbularities

Messaggio da contrafibbularities »

Yes I know, I put it on the plugin because it doesn't cost time to develop it but I don't want to waste to improve it because the R14 has got already the snap point to plugin function and it works very well......so It's not smart to "Reinvent the wheel"
I understand that. You're right, it probably makes no sense. One thing that might make sense anyway is to have one undo step for one slider movement. :-)
I have just added this features, tomorrow I will publish the Update The next release will be 1.0.1
Awesome! :-)
I have already thinked about it but unfortunately Cinema doesn't not store the order of selected points so I cannot understand the order of them in 3d space without any indication,.....so this features cannot be implement at this moment
Thanks for the info! Pity, but not really a big problem as you can always tweak the distance yourself and Isoline Helper then takes care of putting the points on the spline.
I will take a look at Meier plugins but in the meanwhile could you post some examples, screenshots or cinema 4d files with the problem to solve, so I can understand what can I do for fix this issue.
I attaching some images that may describe a little better what I mean. If you want to, I could upload a video tutorial I did some time ago that shows the process of creating joined pipes with the Meier plugins. While it is easy to create joined pipes having the same diameter, it's always a bit of work when trying to combine two or more pipes having different diameters, or creating something where one pipe comes out the other pipe at an angle. A plugin that would make this process easier, more intuitive and provide more control when creating such objects would be helpful. I need that for modeling all the time. :-)
Like before, post examples and let me understand what do you need
As to cables/ropes, I'm not even sure if this could be solved by a plugin in C4D and whether it makes sense to even try. I think I saw something in a Max tutorial once where flexible cables (seemed to be a feature in 3ds Max) could relatively easily be attached to objects. The cable would then stretch or be compressed along with the movement of the object it was attached to, while staying attached to the object. 3DKiwi did a tutorial a while back on how this could be done in Cinema 4D, but it's a royal pain.

Cheers,
contrafibbularities

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

Hi contrafibbularities
download again the zip package from your order detail to take the last version of Isoline Helper 1.0.2

contrafibbularities ha scritto: Thanks for the info! Pity, but not really a big problem as you can always tweak the distance yourself and Isoline Helper then takes care of putting the points on the spline.
The question is not simple as you can think.....the orders of point is foundamental to put points along the spline at the same distance.
For example if you have got 4 point A B C D

I can put them
A B C D
A C B D
D A C B
etc etc etc etc

and we are in a 3D space so it's a little bit difficoult to understand the correct order

pfiu

For the first plugin request, I need more information, post a video with the procedure you need to automate, there are to much way to connect to different pipes.
I also need a video reference for the second plugin request, I didn't understand what are talking about :shock:

:lol:
  • Advertising
Rispondi