How to INSTALL - OBJSequenceImporter2

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
deathtoprint

How to INSTALL - OBJSequenceImporter2

Messaggio da deathtoprint »

:(

I just bought this plugin for C4D on OSX, placed it in APPLICATIONS>MAXON>Plugins ... but it doesnt show up in my plugins menu after restarting C4D. There is ZERO documentation on installing the plugin, so please explain what I'm missing.

Thank you.
deathtoprint

Re: How to INSTALL - OBJSequenceImporter2

Messaggio da deathtoprint »

:)

I figured out the issue, it is documented below for any future users with this issue.

Maxon introduced a plugin caching system at some undisclosed point in time and didn't bother to tell anyone.It doesn't work reliably and may, or may not, prevent you from being able to use new plugins on a MAC.

On MAC's, R15 or greater, you now HAVE to place plugins in the user plugin folder, not the app plugin folder. (Although it seems completely random as to wether , app/plugin folder will or will not work).

For the c4d/plugins folder, the first time you install and launch C4D , a direcory cache is created ! Thereafter , anything you place in the c4d/plugins folder, may or my not,be completely ignored by C4D.

So, from now on, you HAVE to install your plugins into the user/plugins folder or they may not show up at all.
Q : How do I find out where the user/plugins folder is?
A:
Open C4D.
Navigate to your main C4D preferences.
At the bottom of the preferences, there is a folder/path and a button to open this path in your finder. That is your user/folder.

If there is not already a "plugins" folder in there, just create one and extract your new plugin to it.

TIP : on a MAC, try using a third party tool to unpack the file, such as Stuffit expander. Some users report that the system expander can cause problems, with Mavericks.
Allegati
Where to click to get to your USER preferences to be able to install into correct PLUGINS directory.
Where to click to get to your USER preferences to be able to install into correct PLUGINS directory.
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: How to INSTALL - OBJSequenceImporter2

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hi , Alex from c4dzone support..
There is ZERO documentation on installing the plugin
:o What?! there is a PDF named "install and activate.pdf", a documentation folder and the plugin folder...

I think you don't read deeply the PDF you found into the ObjSeq importer zip folder.
Take a look on it and follow ALL instructions reported into the PDF.
The activation is very simple..

The plugin must me placed into plugin folder of the application, not users plugin, go to MAXON > CINEMA 4D RXX > plugins, you don't need to know nothing of preferences panel or something else.

Alex :)
  • Advertising
Rispondi