Measure it (C4D s22) - Issue with stuttering snapping

Forum for: Questions about C4Dzone plugins. Post here questions or technical support.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
mykill67

Measure it (C4D s22) - Issue with stuttering snapping

Messaggio da mykill67 »

Dear Forum,

I just purchased the plugin "Measure It" and successfully installed it on my Mac. So far it seems to work but there is one issue that keeps me from working with it. I want to position null objects to measure out my furniture. Therefore I switched on C4D vertex snapping to position the nulls at the corners of my furniture. Unfortunatly when I want to position the Nulls to the corners of the furniture the snapping heavily stutters not allowing me to get a precise measure.

Thanks i advance for any hints that can helpme with this.

Kind regards,

Michael
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: Measure it (C4D s22) - Issue with stuttering snapping

Messaggio da masterzone »

Hi Michael, maybe Matteo, the developer, will be here to replay to you, in the meanwhile I have a question about your issue. Could you try to make the same action with a standard null object? because I'm not sure about a plugin issue because Measure-it creates two Cinema4D standard nulls.
Let me know :)

Alex
mykill67

Messaggio da mykill67 »

Hello Alex,

many thanks for your reply. I tried it again the following way:

1. Create two standard Null objects
2. Get both selected
3. Starting measure it wizard
4. Trying to position the nulls on cornerpoints of the object

It feels like there is a whole lot of very dense snapping everywhere around the vertex I want to snap to and it is very hard to find the real vertex.

Best regards,

Michael

P.S.: And yes ... normal snapping with standard nulls works if measure it is not involved. Can it be an issue with the fact that I'm running R22? I installed the plugin-version that was specified as R13-R21. I thought the R23 version would probably not fit with R22.

P.P.S.: One workaround I just found is to switch of the measure it object -> snap the nulls -> turn the measure it object back on.
cappellaiomatto
Moderatore

Messaggio da cappellaiomatto »

Hi Michael
c4d snapping is prior than the plugin, if you want to use the null objects and want to position them correctly you have to disable it and when you finish you can enable it again.

Otherwise you can use measure it with polygon object and use mesh vertices to measure the distance, in this case the snapping does not care.

Matteo
mykill67

Messaggio da mykill67 »

Hi Matteo,
Thanks for answering my questions. The measuring with selected vertices works fine.
Regards,
Michael
  • Advertising
Rispondi