C4d VDB export problem

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
Buffy91

C4d VDB export problem

Messaggio da Buffy91 »

Hi guys I have imported an external VDB file using octane vdb volume, everything works fine it renders and everything but When I send my file to a render farm it doesn't render the VDB volume.

I relinked the octane volume to the first vdb file it still doesn't render it. I tried saving the file with assets option, it only saves the first vdb file and not the rest of the animated files. I even tried copying the rest of the files to the root file where c4d exported the one vdb file.

Is there a way where I can merge all the animation into one file or a better way of packaging the files to the render farm.
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: C4d VDB export problem

Messaggio da masterzone »

Unfortunately the VDB animation is a streaming file, so it must be imported as sequence. The single file VDB contain the information data and not the animation...did you try to chat with render farm support about this issue?
Buffy91

Re: C4d VDB export problem

Messaggio da Buffy91 »

I assumed that was the issue, I just don't have the knowledge of how to make the animation native in my project file. I haven't chatted to any support, I figured it was something dumb I didn't do. I was googling and checking forums, I just never saw the solution.

I scrapped the idea and just manually made the volume animation
  • Advertising
Rispondi