printing on a limbo

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
dikmus

printing on a limbo

Messaggio da dikmus »

Hi, I how can I do the following:

I have a photo with sky and landscape that I want to print on a limbo.
If the photo would be printed on a straight wall there would not be a problem. It would look natural to the viewer.
But when I print it on a limbo the viewer that looks to the limbo will experience a deformed picture (as one would expect)
So I want to correct for this deformation in C4d. (think of it as a kind of keystone correction for a limbo)
What should I do to get a render out of c4d, that when printed does not look deformed to the viewer (viewer is at a certain point}

Probably this is a common problem, but I would not know where to start looking,
hope somebody can point me in the right direction.
masterzone
Site Admin

Re: printing on a limbo

Messaggio da masterzone »

hello! If you need the undeformed photo into the bended limbo, you can use the FRONTAL project mapping. Click into the Texture tag and chose FRONTAL from dropdown menu @ PROJECTION feature...
I should works... ;)
dikmus

Messaggio da dikmus »

Thanks for your reply, but I already know that trick. But probably this is indeed the first step.
Doing this, I can now see in C4d what the projection will look like, but now I need a physical backdrop, not a virtual one.
So I probably need another step something like "make the limbo flat but keep the projection as it is".
This is the step I don't know how to do, more help would be appriciated.
masterzone
Site Admin

mmm ok....maybe I need more info...you shouldn't see deformed image rendering if you are using the frontal projection into a curved limbo...because the frontal projection doesn't follow the curved limbo...
But if you mean distortion on light/shadow visualisation, yes...there are...could you attach a picture of your result? so I can help you in a better way. Based on your replay maybe there some tips for clear shadow or light differences by using a compositing tag and the "compositing feature"...
Let me know
dikmus

Messaggio da dikmus »

I probably fail to formulate the question right. That is probably also the reason I can't find the answer.
Let me try to explain again, and hope someone understands it.

Imagine you are a photographer that wants to use a backdrop to take a full body photo of a (real) person standing in a (printed) landscape.
( I already created the landscape in c4d),
The question is what to print on the backdrop so that in the photo I take of the backdrop the landscape looks correct.

This is what I can do so far:
In c4d I can make the limbo and project the landscape with front mapping to that limbo. t looks good in C4d, and the virtual camera shows the correct landscape.
But now I need a physical print.. If I could "fix" the mapped landscape on the limbo, and then "straighten" the limbo, and render that, then I would have what I need.

This is a similar problem that probably needs a similar solution:
I want to make a (physical) diorama box. If a viewer is standing on a given position (in the middle in front of this box) I want the sides of the box to form a correct landscape. How can I print on the back, sides, top and bottom of the box to make it look good to that viewer.

Hope this makes it clear, so it has nothing to do with shadows etc, it is just the mapping problem I am struggling with.
masterzone
Site Admin

mmm...ok...now is clear...
So... you need to project the image on the backplate based on your point of view and then edit or distort the image on the backplate right?
Ok, you can to that:

1) place your camera
2) place into the scene a C4D Plane object and orient it vertically, choose the dimension of the plane based on the picture will be on it.
3) apply the material onto it (picture) by choosing UVW mapping so the picture will be projected 1:1 on the plane.
4) into the attributes manager, add more "subdivisions" on the plane to make it more polygonally detailed, try 50 x 50 instead of 10 x 10 as default.
5) convert it into a polygonal object by click the "C" button
6) now the plane is a polygonal object
7) go to MESH menu and find on MOVE sub menu the "magnet" tool...

now with the UVW texture pinned on the plane, you can edit the plane and with magnet tool you can deform the plane...the texture will follow the plane with distortion...

Let me know...
  • Advertising
Rispondi