Making waves..

Forum for: Modelling, Texturing, Animation, Composting and the whole general usage of Cinema4D.

Moderatori: Arkimed, natas, visualtricks, cappellaiomatto

Rispondi
  • Advertising
mikeb

Making waves..

Messaggio da mikeb »

Though becoming well versed in Xpresso, i am still new to thinking particles..

How do i create (thinking) particles from the intersection of 2 polygon meshes?
visualtricks
Moderatore

Re: Making waves..

Messaggio da visualtricks »

Hi,

you can use the Collision Node and a TP_poligonEmitter (you should have it in your TP presets).
Among other data, the collision node outputs the selection of colliding poligons, that can be linked to an empty poligon selection Tag on the emitting object. This way, whenever a collision occur, the tag on the object will contain the poligons involved. This selection can be used to restrict the particles emission to just the colliding zones.
Collision node also outputs boolean values when collision happens so you can use this "switch" to turn emission on and off.

hope this helps
Cheers
Allegati
tp_emitOnCollision.c4d.zip
(87.45 KiB) Scaricato 109 volte
Immagine
๏_www.visualtricks.it_๏ .:: COMPUTER SAYS NO ::.
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

Good man, I'm dissecting your file now, it looks great.

Now to get the rest up and running, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions before i have anything worth while to show.

Thank you for helping me get started..
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

So i got the TP particles being produced by the collision of the two surfaces, i made a proxy of the ship for the particles to collide with, made some gravity to bring them back down and then i got them to land on the sea (with sreks - TP move on surface).

Now my next problem, and the reason why your not looking at a nice test rendering just yet:-
The sea is made sealike with a subtle displace deformer, and the TP particles fall through it after a couple of frames.

Does anyone have a way round this problem?
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

I went back to the start and thought how i could use some of the other functions in c4d.

I decided what i wanted from the simulation which was lots of little objects reacting to the front of the ship, then moving down the sides of the ship, some being carried away by the waves..

I began toying with mo-graph dynamics and guess what, it worked a treat. It even managed to deal with the deforming ocean geometry & the actual ship model instead of the proxy!

With some well thought out expresso to tell the mo-graph particles where to start, It even calculates quickly, the render taking under 10 minutes for a 540 frame animation (without sim cache).

Immagine

http://www.doghouseanimations.com/pirat ... 20test.wmv

Now i do have a couple of questions:-
1. Can the rotation calculation be turned off in mo-dynamics? (to speed up the simulation)
2. The clamp constraint (used to hold my ship to the ocean) produces very bumpy results (seen in the inset clip) even as "phong normal" setting, even though the mesh is quite smooth. Why?
mikeb

Messaggio da mikeb »

After fighting an uphill struggle to get the dynamics i wanted, now i discover it won't work with metaballs.. Not in 11.5 anyway..

So i've had to move for another effect, this is my 3d sprites (complicated but works out best so far).

It is in no way finished but this is where I'm going at the moment, check the video below for the animation..

http://www.doghouseanimations.com/pirat ... ticles.wmv
Allegati
boat wake test particles.png
masterzone
Site Admin

Messaggio da masterzone »

Mike please use the attachment forum system insead to link externally..

Mz :)
  • Advertising
Rispondi